Close Menu
Sunshine News Network
  • Home
  • Daily
    • Entertainment
  • Florida
  • Latest News
    • Opinion
  • Politics
  • Sports
  • Trending
  • USA
  • Business
  • Crime

Subscribe to Updates

Subscribe to our newsletter and never miss our latest news

Subscribe my Newsletter for New Posts & tips Let's stay updated!

What's Hot

RNC Chair Gluter will remain in the Florida Senate but will step down from CFO race

August 28, 2025

Florida uses social media to crack down on child predators

August 28, 2025

Southwest Airlines launches Orlando. Marten Flight expands international options for Floridians in April

August 28, 2025
Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
  • Home
  • Daily
    • Entertainment
  • Florida
  • Latest News
    • Opinion
  • Politics
  • Sports
  • Trending
  • USA
  • Business
  • Crime
Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram Pinterest
Sunshine News Network
  • Home
  • About Us
  • Advertise With Us
  • Contact Us
  • DMCA
  • Privacy Policy
  • Terms & Conditions
  • Crime
Sunshine News Network
Home » Vancouver International Auto Show removes Tesla on safety concerns
Business

Vancouver International Auto Show removes Tesla on safety concerns

adminBy adminMarch 20, 2025No Comments2 Mins Read0 Views
Share Facebook Twitter Pinterest LinkedIn Tumblr Email
Share
Facebook Twitter LinkedIn Pinterest Email


VANCOUVER, B.C. (AP) — Tesla has been ruled out from participating in safety concerns over this week’s Vancouver International Auto Show, the event’s executive director said Tuesday.

Eric Nicole said in a statement that the show asked the electric car manufacturer to withdraw due to “main concern” about the safety of workers, attendees and exhibitors.

Nicole said Tesla was offered “multiple opportunities for voluntary withdrawal.”

“This decision will allow all participants to focus solely on enjoying many positive elements of the event,” the statement said.

The show at the Vancouver Convention Centre begins on Wednesday and ends on Sunday.

The removal of the automaker comes after a weekend of so-called “Tesla Takedown” protests, including Tesla CEO Elon Musk and Ottawa and Vancouver, who denounced his role.

About 20 protesters gathered outside a Tesla dealer in Surrey, British Columbia the day after a similar protest in Vancouver, holding signs containing messages such as “Upple your elbow,” “Elonbee,” and “Democracy has passed away.”

Pat McCutcheon, who attended the Surrey protest, said in an interview Tuesday that the auto show organizers did the right thing by removing Tesla.

“Given the temperature of the situation, unfortunately there are people who are very troubled by the situation at Tesla and the situation at Elon Musk,” McCutcheon said.

He said he had heard nothing about the protest at the car show, but said there was “a fair amount of emotion” surrounding Tesla.

“The last thing you want is that one of your organizations is vandalism and physical conflict, so I think they made the right decision,” he said.

McCutcheon said he was organizing a protest outside Langley, Tesla, British Columbia this weekend.

“Elon Musk uses his extraordinary wealth to essentially corrupt democracy and do what he wants to do, and citizens of America all over Canada and around the world need to push this back,” McCutcheon said.

Last week, British Columbia Hydro banned Tesla products from its electric vehicle rebate program as part of a provincial government’s move to prefer Canadian goods and remove them from rebates when practical during the Canadian trade war.

Original issue: March 19, 2025, 1:37pm



Source link

Share. Facebook Twitter Pinterest LinkedIn Tumblr Email
admin
  • Website

Related Posts

Business

Amazon expands its perishable delivery service

August 13, 2025
Business

Goodbye to Universal’s Hollywood Rip Ride Rock Coaster

August 13, 2025
Business

Crypto Mogul Do Kwon, known as the “Crypto Currency King,” pleads guilty to fraud

August 13, 2025
Business

Spirit Airlines sounds alarmed about its future ability to maintain business

August 13, 2025
Business

Things you need to know about Trump’s potential changes in federal marijuana policy

August 13, 2025
Business

Seminole County agrees to raise gas taxes and utility fees

August 13, 2025
Add A Comment
Leave A Reply Cancel Reply

Subscribe to News

Subscribe to our newsletter and never miss our latest news

Subscribe my Newsletter for New Posts & tips Let's stay updated!

Editor's Picks

RNC Chair Gluter will remain in the Florida Senate but will step down from CFO race

August 28, 2025

Florida uses social media to crack down on child predators

August 28, 2025

Southwest Airlines launches Orlando. Marten Flight expands international options for Floridians in April

August 28, 2025

Video: Invasive Python pulled from a semi-truck engine in southeastern Florida

August 28, 2025
Latest Posts

Florida is growing to affordable prices. Do politicians notice?

July 10, 2025

Donald Trump, Paramount Global and the ’60 Minutes’ travesty

July 10, 2025

Record-breaking state funding updates hopes for Florida citrus crops

July 9, 2025

Welcome to Sunshine News Network – your trusted source for the latest and most reliable news in Florida.

At Sunshine News Network, our mission is to provide up-to-date, in-depth coverage of everything that matters to Floridians. From breaking news and local events to lifestyle trends and weather updates, we are here to keep you informed, engaged, and connected with the Sunshine State.

Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram Pinterest YouTube

Subscribe to Updates

Subscribe to our newsletter and never miss our latest news

Subscribe my Newsletter for New Posts & tips Let's stay updated!

Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram Pinterest
  • Home
  • About Us
  • Advertise With Us
  • Contact Us
  • DMCA
  • Privacy Policy
  • Terms & Conditions
  • Crime
© 2025 sunshinenewsnetwork. Designed by sunshinenewsnetwork.

Type above and press Enter to search. Press Esc to cancel.