Close Menu
Sunshine News Network
  • Home
  • Daily
    • Entertainment
  • Florida
  • Latest News
    • Opinion
  • Politics
  • Sports
  • Trending
  • USA
  • Business
  • Crime

Subscribe to Updates

Subscribe to our newsletter and never miss our latest news

Subscribe my Newsletter for New Posts & tips Let's stay updated!

What's Hot

SeaWorld Orlando Fashions howl-o-scream preview

August 29, 2025

RNC Chair Gluter will remain in the Florida Senate but will step down from CFO race

August 28, 2025

Florida uses social media to crack down on child predators

August 28, 2025
Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
  • Home
  • Daily
    • Entertainment
  • Florida
  • Latest News
    • Opinion
  • Politics
  • Sports
  • Trending
  • USA
  • Business
  • Crime
Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram Pinterest
Sunshine News Network
  • Home
  • About Us
  • Advertise With Us
  • Contact Us
  • DMCA
  • Privacy Policy
  • Terms & Conditions
  • Crime
Sunshine News Network
Home » JFK files leave researchers with more questions than answers
USA

JFK files leave researchers with more questions than answers

adminBy adminMarch 20, 2025No Comments7 Mins Read0 Views
Share Facebook Twitter Pinterest LinkedIn Tumblr Email
Share
Facebook Twitter LinkedIn Pinterest Email


WASHINGTON – A thousand-page document related to the assassination of President John F. Kennedy on November 22, 1963, was released late in the evening of March 18, revealing details about the intelligence gathering operations, but there is little new information.

Researchers have been waiting for confidentiality for a long time, but some have questioned the content of released files and whether more documents exist or have been destroyed previously.

Critics of the slow release of information by the government over the past 62 years suggest that the lack of transparency has caused controversy and erode credibility.

Many of the newly released files explain the efforts of central intelligence agencies to counter Russia and Cuba, including plans to use “political and psychological warfares” to isolate “full credit” in coup missions and overthrow foreign governments.
The CIA file, declassified since October 1963, instructs agents to provide no comment and a complete rejection when asked specifically about the conspiracy to attack Cuban merchant ships. According to documents, Cuban revolutionary leader Fidel Castro was worried about the bomb planted on a ship in Genoa, Italy, but he claimed that it was placed there by the CIA.
In one instance, operatives were encouraged to destroy all documents to prevent information from entering the hands of foreign governments.

Several documents show that Lee Harvey Oswald, identified by the Warren Commission as the only gunman to kill Kennedy during a political visit to Dallas, Texas, was under US government surveillance well before the assassination.

Image-5828297

Photographed by Lee Harvey Oswald police mug. He was identified by the Warren Commission as the only gunman to kill President John F. Kennedy. According to many documents, Oswald had extensive contact information within the Intelligence Agency. Donald Uhrbrock/Time Life Pictures/Getty Images

They say Oswald had extensive contact information within the Intelligence Reports community, and predicting his suspicious activity was reported by European contacts to US agencies a few days before and months after Kennedy was assassinated.

According to the Warren Commission, Oswald fired three Carcano rifles within 8.3 seconds, with the second and third shots hitting THPresident E.

The KGB Russian spy official rejected the concept, calling Oswald the “poor shooter” and suggesting that the murder was part of an elaborate “coup,” other documents revealed.

According to one newly released report, former Intelligence Reporting Agency Gary Underhill reportedly told officials that the CIA was the cause of Kennedy’s murder and was found to have died by suicide in 1964.

Underhill said a friend of mine had been killed. This is because it uncovers evidence that the fraudulent elements within the Intelligence Reporting Agency are carrying guns and drugs, while also stirring up political mischief, the report says.

True crime researcher and author John Leek suggested that the tragic death of the former agent likely occurred due to exposure to potentially illegal behavior.

“Underhill was too experienced in 1964 to make unfounded claims,” ​​Leek told the Epoch Times. “I bet a lot of money he knew what he was talking about.”

In an interview with the agent in 1964, then-President Lyndon B. Johnson expressed concern that the CIA was “always associated with dirty tricks,” and advised the agency to “escape the image of a cape and a dagger.” file.
Other files show that some authors, journalists, and their families, especially those who wrote about alternative theories of assassination, are under investigation.
For the benefit of the agency, some members of the media have shunned certain topics, including “a possible embarrassment,” according to files related to CIA activities regarding Cuba and Miami.

“However, even with a lot of goodwill, the situation remains sensitive, as local newsmen cannot afford to be scooped out by outsiders regarding their own backyard stories,” reads the February 1967 document.

Image-5828298

Researchers and reporters reviewed documents on August 23, 1993, at the National Archives regarding the assassination of President John F. Kennedy in 1963. Thousands of documents have been released, including files from the Warren Commission and classification files from the central intelligence agency. John Harrington/AFP via Getty Images

The CIA also pointed to its intention to “penetrate” media organizations in the country that are trying to make an impact.
Other countries participated in intelligence news reports, and the UK’s MI-5 Surveillance News Agency monitored the communications between then-New Orleans District Attorney Jim Garrison, the story told in the Oliver Stone film “JFK” and the British Foundation.

Some foreign governments also intended to keep certain files wrapped.

All mentions of Israel or its intelligence agency were previously scrubbed from several documents related to James Angleton. James Angleton served as the CIA’s anti-intellectual director for 20 years before being identified as an Israeli spy and was kicked out of the US intelligence agency in 1975 by then William Colby.

The tensions that existed between Kennedy, Angleton and the Israeli government regarding the acquisition of nuclear weapons by the Middle Eastern state are focused on researchers who suggest deep-rooted motivations to eliminate the sitting president.

The 74-page document sought by researchers describing Angleton interviews with the Church Committee, the US Senate Selection Committee founded in 1975, although not included in the digital release, may resident at the National Archives.

Other countries have sought to rule out any involvement in communications related to the killing. Charles Spree, director of the Australian intelligence report, requested in 1968 that a CD-971 was reportedly documented when a call was made to the Canberra Embassy in 1963.

Richard Helms, then CIA director, responded to Spry’s letter with a memo confirming the agency’s consent, saying his point was “providing all the reasons for keeping documents out of the public domain.”
On January 23rd, Trump ordered disclosures of all JFK assassination documents and those related to the 1968 assassination of Martin Luther King Jr. (April 4) and Robert F. Kennedy (June 6).
“The executive order establishes a policy that more than 50 years after these assassinations, the families of the victims and the American people deserve the truth,” according to a White House fact sheet.

Trump announced that around 80,000 files will be released the following day while touring the John F. Kennedy Center for Performing Arts in Washington on March 18th.

Documents relating to the assassination of President John F. Kennedy in 1963 will be on display after his release in Washington on March 18, 2025 following an order from President Donald Trump. Carlos Barrier/Photo Illustration/Reuters

As of March 19th, approximately 2,200 pages of information contained approximately 2,200 pages of information on files posted on the National Archives website.

White House officials told the Epoch Times that other documents are waiting to be digitalised and that reviews can be made at the National Archives in Washington.

Some files are sealed by court orders to hide personal tax information or for the secret of a large juice, and releases are blocked until sealed.

“The (National Archives) is working with the Department of Justice to promote the recognition of these records,” the Director of the National Intelligence said in a statement. “The big ju judges have already seen them years ago, so most of this information has already been released, but regardless, this information will soon be released under court instructions.”

In total, around 6 million JFK related documents are housed in the archives, most of which have been made available for public review following the 1992 passage of President John F. Kennedy Records, who ordered full disclosure by 2017.

Trump released several files during his first semester, but was advised by the Intelligence Agency to withhold several other documents.

President Joe Biden has released more than 13,000 documents, but has delayed the release of more categorized files twice, citing national security concerns.

The Epoch Times is currently reviewing Trove of newly released digitized files and documents stored at the National Archives.



Source link

Share. Facebook Twitter Pinterest LinkedIn Tumblr Email
admin
  • Website

Related Posts

USA

Thames water overhaul comes amid privatization, scrutiny of foreign ownership

June 10, 2025
USA

One of the worst parental leave in the UK, the committee discovered

June 10, 2025
USA

Victims of Chinese bank scandal attacked by security while petitioning frozen accounts, sources say

June 10, 2025
USA

How do major US stock indexes come to June 9th?

June 9, 2025
USA

LA protests turn into riot over the arrest of illegal immigrants

June 9, 2025
USA

Easily America | Epoch era

June 9, 2025
Add A Comment
Leave A Reply Cancel Reply

Subscribe to News

Subscribe to our newsletter and never miss our latest news

Subscribe my Newsletter for New Posts & tips Let's stay updated!

Editor's Picks

SeaWorld Orlando Fashions howl-o-scream preview

August 29, 2025

RNC Chair Gluter will remain in the Florida Senate but will step down from CFO race

August 28, 2025

Florida uses social media to crack down on child predators

August 28, 2025

Southwest Airlines launches Orlando. Marten Flight expands international options for Floridians in April

August 28, 2025
Latest Posts

Florida is growing to affordable prices. Do politicians notice?

July 10, 2025

Donald Trump, Paramount Global and the ’60 Minutes’ travesty

July 10, 2025

Record-breaking state funding updates hopes for Florida citrus crops

July 9, 2025

Welcome to Sunshine News Network – your trusted source for the latest and most reliable news in Florida.

At Sunshine News Network, our mission is to provide up-to-date, in-depth coverage of everything that matters to Floridians. From breaking news and local events to lifestyle trends and weather updates, we are here to keep you informed, engaged, and connected with the Sunshine State.

Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram Pinterest YouTube

Subscribe to Updates

Subscribe to our newsletter and never miss our latest news

Subscribe my Newsletter for New Posts & tips Let's stay updated!

Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram Pinterest
  • Home
  • About Us
  • Advertise With Us
  • Contact Us
  • DMCA
  • Privacy Policy
  • Terms & Conditions
  • Crime
© 2025 sunshinenewsnetwork. Designed by sunshinenewsnetwork.

Type above and press Enter to search. Press Esc to cancel.