Close Menu
Sunshine News Network
  • Home
  • Daily
    • Entertainment
  • Florida
  • Latest News
    • Opinion
  • Politics
  • Sports
  • Trending
  • USA
  • Business
  • Crime

Subscribe to Updates

Subscribe to our newsletter and never miss our latest news

Subscribe my Newsletter for New Posts & tips Let's stay updated!

What's Hot

RNC Chair Gluter will remain in the Florida Senate but will step down from CFO race

August 28, 2025

Florida uses social media to crack down on child predators

August 28, 2025

Southwest Airlines launches Orlando. Marten Flight expands international options for Floridians in April

August 28, 2025
Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
  • Home
  • Daily
    • Entertainment
  • Florida
  • Latest News
    • Opinion
  • Politics
  • Sports
  • Trending
  • USA
  • Business
  • Crime
Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram Pinterest
Sunshine News Network
  • Home
  • About Us
  • Advertise With Us
  • Contact Us
  • DMCA
  • Privacy Policy
  • Terms & Conditions
  • Crime
Sunshine News Network
Home » Client fires Paul Weiss’ law firm following Trump’s executive order
USA

Client fires Paul Weiss’ law firm following Trump’s executive order

adminBy adminMarch 20, 2025No Comments3 Mins Read0 Views
Share Facebook Twitter Pinterest LinkedIn Tumblr Email
Share
Facebook Twitter LinkedIn Pinterest Email


The client said that if the president’s executive order holds the company as a defense attorney, it could present a conflict of interest.

New York-based law firm Weiss, Rifkind, Wharton & Garrison (Paul Weiss), said in a court application on March 19 that President Donald Trump was fired by his client last month after signing an executive order revoking security clearance from employees.

In the filing, the company said Stephen Schwartz, a former executive facing criminal bribery charges, had terminated services following Trump’s March 14 executive order and restricted access to government buildings and workers for its employees. As a result, the company asked US District Judge Michael Fabiartz to withdraw from Schwartz’s case.

“Mr. Schwartz is concerned that his continued representation could negatively affect his ability to obtain a favorable review of his case, or his ability to create a potential conflict of interest between Schwartz, Paul and Weiss because of the executive order.

“Regardless of whether the ongoing review allows the government to engage with Paul at Weiss, Schwartz is concerned that Weiss could be involved in the matter on a continuous basis.

Trump’s order targeted Paul Weiss’s employment with Justice Mark Pomerantz in 2022. Pomerantz left the district attorney’s office and worked on prosecutors against Trump on his personal and business issues before rejoining Paul Weiss.

The order also mentioned the former Chief Prosecutor of Special Adviser Robert Mueller, who joined the company and filed a free lawsuit against an individual accused at the U.S. Capitol on January 6, 2021. Trump suggested that these types of shed cases deprived the accused of access to justice.

Related Stories

Trump cancels security clearance for law firms involved in the January 6th lawsuit
Trump cancels security clearance for law firm employees related to steel documents

The president also accused Paul Weiss of discriminating against his employees “based on race and other categories prohibited by civil rights laws,” and argued that his “diversity, equity and inclusion” policies were biased.

Schwartz is the former Chief Justice Officer at Cognizant Technology Corp. He was accused of violating the US Foreign Corruption Practices Act in 2019 in India’s bribery program and later pleaded not guilty. The Trump administration suspended pending prosecutions under foreign bribery laws in February.

In a court application Wednesday, Paul Weiss said the Justice Department is considering the next step in the case and that Schwartz is “a concern that his ongoing representative could negatively affect his ability to get a positive review of his case.”

Trump issued a similar executive order on March 6, targeting law firm Perkins Koy and revoking employee security clearance. The company was involved in generating unreliable Steel documents that claimed a conspiracy between the 2016 Trump campaign and Russia.
On March 12, a federal judge temporarily blocked some of Trump’s orders after he alleged in a lawsuit that the administration violated the US Constitution. The judge said the company is likely to succeed in the lawsuit.

Kimberly Hayek and Reuters contributed to this report.



Source link

Share. Facebook Twitter Pinterest LinkedIn Tumblr Email
admin
  • Website

Related Posts

USA

Thames water overhaul comes amid privatization, scrutiny of foreign ownership

June 10, 2025
USA

One of the worst parental leave in the UK, the committee discovered

June 10, 2025
USA

Victims of Chinese bank scandal attacked by security while petitioning frozen accounts, sources say

June 10, 2025
USA

How do major US stock indexes come to June 9th?

June 9, 2025
USA

LA protests turn into riot over the arrest of illegal immigrants

June 9, 2025
USA

Easily America | Epoch era

June 9, 2025
Add A Comment
Leave A Reply Cancel Reply

Subscribe to News

Subscribe to our newsletter and never miss our latest news

Subscribe my Newsletter for New Posts & tips Let's stay updated!

Editor's Picks

RNC Chair Gluter will remain in the Florida Senate but will step down from CFO race

August 28, 2025

Florida uses social media to crack down on child predators

August 28, 2025

Southwest Airlines launches Orlando. Marten Flight expands international options for Floridians in April

August 28, 2025

Video: Invasive Python pulled from a semi-truck engine in southeastern Florida

August 28, 2025
Latest Posts

Florida is growing to affordable prices. Do politicians notice?

July 10, 2025

Donald Trump, Paramount Global and the ’60 Minutes’ travesty

July 10, 2025

Record-breaking state funding updates hopes for Florida citrus crops

July 9, 2025

Welcome to Sunshine News Network – your trusted source for the latest and most reliable news in Florida.

At Sunshine News Network, our mission is to provide up-to-date, in-depth coverage of everything that matters to Floridians. From breaking news and local events to lifestyle trends and weather updates, we are here to keep you informed, engaged, and connected with the Sunshine State.

Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram Pinterest YouTube

Subscribe to Updates

Subscribe to our newsletter and never miss our latest news

Subscribe my Newsletter for New Posts & tips Let's stay updated!

Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram Pinterest
  • Home
  • About Us
  • Advertise With Us
  • Contact Us
  • DMCA
  • Privacy Policy
  • Terms & Conditions
  • Crime
© 2025 sunshinenewsnetwork. Designed by sunshinenewsnetwork.

Type above and press Enter to search. Press Esc to cancel.